- You will be cleaning up the courtyard (picking up trash and setting up tables/chairs) to prepare for the cultural party that will happen later that evening.
- You will be handing out flyers to invite refugees to attend the culture party.
- You will attend the event and have opportunities to try different foods, connect with refugees from unreached people groups and hopefully make a new friend.
When: April 6, 4:00 pm — 7:00 pm
The Life Skills Center at 19 Apartments
4802 N 19th Ave, Phoenix, AZ 85015
Gate Code: #1990
There is a gate code that you may have to enter before you can drive in the gates to park at 19 Apartments. Make sure you press the pound key ” #” before you enter 1990. I have attached a map to the Life Skills Center (by the swimming pool). If you have any trouble call me at 325-650-4076.
- Please show up to the site just before 4 pm.
- We will begin with a briefing and short training before the serving portion of the day. We will include a time to debrief and share opportunities for you to engage refugees on a more consistent basis.
- Snacks and drinks will be provided.
- Dress code for the day requires knees and shoulders to be covered for both men and women. You may want to wear comfy shoes as we will be walking around outside.
- Thank you again for volunteering to serve with us! We hope that this service opportunity will be as much a blessing to you as to the refugees of Phoenix.