ONE DAY SERVE: Cultural Festival
On April 6, GoTEN will sponsor a Cultural Festival in an apartment complex where approximately 30 different countries represented. The Cultural Festival is in partnership with Living Streams Church. Participants will have the opportunity to visit with people from other countries, see their customs and taste their food. Kids will enjoy some carnival and inflatable games.
We need your help preparing the grounds for the festival and hope you will hang around to enjoy the fun.
When: April 6, 4:00 pm — 7:00 pm
The Life Skills Center at 19 Apartments
4802 N 19th Ave, Phoenix, AZ 85015
- You will be cleaning up the courtyard (picking up trash and setting up tables/chairs) to prepare for the festival later that evening.
- You will be handing out flyers to invite refugees to attend the culture party.
- You will attend the event and have opportunities to try different foods, connect with refugees from unreached people groups and hopefully make a new friend.
- Please show up to the site just before 4 pm.
- We will begin with a briefing and short training before the serving portion of the day. We will include a time to debrief and share opportunities for you to engage refugees on a more consistent basis.
- Snacks and drinks will be provided.
- Dress code for the day requires knees and shoulders to be covered for both men and women. You may want to wear comfy shoes as we will be walking around outside.