Imagine a nation where there are no churches. The absence of Christ’s love is evident. You can feel the oppression when you first set foot in this nation. For centuries the enemy has shackled the beautiful people of the islands. God desires their worship and deserves their recognition.
In April 2021, GoTEN will engage this unreached nation with prayer, love and Truth. A small number of missionaries have been actively at work in the shadows among the people of this isolated nation for decades. It is a difficult place to share the Good News largely due to the overwhelming presence and control of Islam. In addition this island nation is small in both population and geography presenting greater challenges.
The mission of our team is to cover inhabited islands with prayer, love and Truth.
WHAT IS THE COST?
Trip Cost: $2900
Included in cost:
- Lodging / in-country transportation and meals
- Travelers Health Insurance
- Roundtrip airfare
Not included in cost:
- Meals during travel days
PREPARATION & MEETINGS
We will gather for at least four meetings before departure. During these meetings we will:
- learn about the people and their culture
- learn do’s and don’ts of culture and how we can be most effective as a missions team
- learning and practice telling Gospel stories (story sets provided by GoTEN)
- Suggested Reading: Telling the Gospel Through Story by Christine Dillon
WHAT DOCUMENTS AND VACCINES WILL I NEED?
- Valid passport required. Cannot expire within 6 months of the trip’s return date. (Visit travel.state.gov for applications and information about passports.)
- If you need additional resources, we recommend World Travel Health Clinic at 602.863.3433; worldtravelhealth.net; Passport Health, 480.345.6800; or passporthealthaz.com.
- Additional information regarding specific vaccinations will be at the first team meeting.
WHO CAN GO?
This is a remote location, so participants will get to experience what it’s like to pioneer Christian work where it currently does not exist. This is a trip for the serious world traveler, someone looking for a challenge and adventure. Participants should be at least 18 years of age and physically fit. We need people who are willing to step out of their comfort zones and who are passionate about seeing the Gospel advance to the unreached and unengaged.