MISSIONARY TRAINING RESIDENCY
We provide cross-cultural training for missionaries before going to the field.
The GoTEN Missionary Training Residency is a program designed to equip cross-cultural workers with the skills and experience they need to be successful in making disciples in a cross-cultural setting. Through a combination of class sessions, peer accountability, practical experience, and career coaching, participants will be prepared to join a missionary team serving locally or globally. Joining a team full-time is not required for training, but it is the focus of our residency program.
Practice before you go!
- Meet unreached refugees while serving in classes they attend at the GoTEN Training Center.
- Live in a nearby apartment community with many internationals and visit the homes of your neighbors.
- Receive cross-cutlural ministry training from experienced missionaries and trainers.
- Be mentored by an experienced missionary who will help you process what you are learning and coach you while you practice what you are learning.
You will connect with refugees by serving in classes at the GoTEN Training Center (English, sewing, tutoring for kids, etc.) It is in this ministry context that you will CONNECT to our refugee neighbors. Throughout the week, you will meet with missionary trainers who will challenge you in your thinking and help you develop the skills needed to live cross-culturally. You will visit the homes of your students or neighbors to practice what you are learning in training sessions.Through a combination of class sessions, peer accountability, practical experience, and career coaching, participants will be prepared to join a missionary team serving locally or globally.
- Identity as a Missionary Topics: Calling, Responsibility of the Sent, Creative Access, Security, 3D Statement
- Understanding Unreached People Topics: Surveying a People, Culture & Worldview, Adapting, Contextualization
- Serving as a Team Topics: Team, Philosophy of Effective Ministry, Conflict Resolution, Contingency
- Personal Growth Topics: Soul Care, Spiritual Warfare, Play & Rest, Spiritual Growth Plan
- Missionary Tools Topics: DBS, Storytelling, House Church, Language Learning, Prayer Strategy
- Personal Growth Topics: Sustainability, Third Culture, Adaptation, Family, Partnering with the Church
Get field experience and training among refugees in Phoenix, Arizona. Our experienced missionaries are ready to mentor you before you deploy to the field.